CyberSource Reason Code = 231 Invalid account number. Possible action: Request a different card or other form of payment.
Reason: Invalid Card type.
1. Sales Order > on Billing tab, Payment Method field = incorrect type selected
2. Check assigned Payment Method on both Customer Record and Transaction.
a. Customer Record > Financial > Credit Cards
b. Transaction > Billing tab > Payment Method field.
To correct this problem:
1. Validate Credit Card Type of customer.
2. Re-assign credit card to correct Payment Method type (Both Customer record and Transaction)
3. If no other payment method > add one:
a. Navigate to Setup > Accounting > Accounting Lists > New > click Payment Method link.
b. Enter Payment Method (i.e. VISA) > Credit Card = T > Supporting Merchant Accounts = select applicable merchant.
c. Group with Undeposited Funds or Deposit To > select Account.
d. Hit Save.
You may also refer to:
- Answer ID: 24890 Identify a Credit Card type Based on a Card Number.
- Answer ID: 9116 Creating a Payment Method