1. Login as the Administrator or any other role that has access to the list of Locations then navigate to Setup> Company> Locations.
2. Mark the Show Inactives box.
3. Look for the inactive Location that is assigned to the asset record and unmark the Inactive checkbox temporarily.
4. Save the changes by clicking on the Submit button.
5. Go back into the asset record and try to edit the asset type. Error message should no longer be generated.
6. Go back into the list of your Locations and make the Location inactive again.