When printing transactions for customers, the Print in Customer's locale will print the transaction in the language of the Customer (setting can be found under Preferences tab, Language field).
The Vendor Record doesn't have a language setting as Customers do. Enhancement 129399 has been raised to address this functionality to be added.
Printing a Purchase Order in Customer's locale will print the transaction in the language set on the Subsidiary of the Vendor record. To identify the language:
- Click on the Vendor name on the PO
- Identify the Subsidiary of the Vendor
- Navigate to Setup > Company > Subsidiaries and click on View for the Subsidiary identified in previous step
- Identify the Language field. This will be the language used when printing in customer's locale.
Administrator language set to English(U.S.) and we open a PO for a Vendor that has a Subsidiary A with German as Subsidiary's Language.
- Click on Print will print the transaction using the labels set on transaction form used when being logged in as Admin and Language set to English(U.S.).
- Click on Print in Customer's locale will print the transaction in the corresponding language of the Vendor's Subsidiary. In this case printing will be done in German.
Note: To change the labels for the form in German, an Administrator can change his language preference to German and edit the labels on the transaction form used.