For Stand-alone Estimates (No Opportunity Linked)
- Upon creation: the Document status will depend on the default customer status(Probability) set for Estimates under Setup > Sales > Sales Preferencesunless the user manually changes the Status and Probability before saving.
b.) If Probability is 100% = Document Status is set to Processed
c.) If Probability is between 1 > 99% = Document Status is set to Open
- However, if Expires field date has passed = Document Status is set to Expired
- Also, the status on the estimate is not the basis of the Document status instead theProbability field that is respected. Meaning if the customer statusIn Discussion with Probability set to 40%, then user sets the Quote'sStatus to In Discussion but manually change the Probability to 0%, the documentstatus will be Closed since it will follow the Probability field which is setto 0%.
- If a Sales Order/Cash Sales/Invoice is created or associated to the Estimate,the Document status is automatically set to Processed; even if Probability andStatus on the estimate is edited to less than 100%, the Document status remainsto Processed status.
- If the Sales Order is deleted or canceled and the estimate is not yet expired, theDocument Status of the estimate is set from Processed to Open.
- If Sales Order is deleted and estimate is already expired, Document Status of thequote is set from Processed to Expired
For Estimates that are linked to Opportunities:
- If Expected Close of the Opportunity is a future date:
- If the Opportunity linked to the Estimate is edited and status is changed:
a.) to Closed Won (Probability=100%) = Document Status of Estimate is Processedwhile Document Status of Opportunity is Closed-Won
b.) to Qualified or any Status with Probability between 1%-99% = Document statusof the Estimate is Open while Document Status of Opportunity is In Progress
c.) to Closed Lost (0% Probability) - Document Status of Estimate is Processedwhile Document Status of Opportunity is Closed - Lost
- However, if Expected Close Date of the Opportunity is a past date (expired) andthe status is changed to Closed Lost the Document Status of the Estimate is setto Open while Document Status of Opportunity is Closed - Lost
Below are the conditions that would result to an Estimate Document Status ofProcessed:
1. When a Sales Order is created from the Quote, as shown in the History tab> Orders & Sales.
2. When an Opportunity from which the Quote iscreated is set to Closed-Won.
3. When the Opportunity from which the Quoteis created is set to Closed-Won or Closed-Lost for Opportunities that hasexpired.
4. When the Quote is set to Probability = 100% with or without an Opportunity attached.