There are instances when there are duplicate Purchase Orders with the exact same details and created on the exact same time stamp. One possible reason is that these Purchase Orders were created from the Order Items page.
Hitting the Submit button multiple times on the Order Items page and clicking OK on the warning message "You have already submitted this form, would you like to submit it again?" will certainly result on this said behaviour. To reproduce:
1. Navigate to Transactions>Inventory>Order Items page
2. Select Location, check the Item and hit Submit.
3. Immediately click the Submit button again.
4. When the warning message "You have already submitted this form, would you like to submit it again?" appears, hit OK.
5. On the Processed Transactions page, note the PO# created.
6. Search for the PO one less than the created PO. For example, if PO# 101 was created then search for PO# 100.
7. Note that the details of the PO are exactly the same and under System Notes, they were created the same time.
Therefore, avoid using the double-click function for the Submit button. Also, if a user received a warning message you can select Cancel. There are also mouse settings in your computer that controls the response time or sensitivity of your mouse buttons which also affects the behaviour of the system.
Post a Comment