1. Log in as Administrator.
2. Create a custom record named as Record.
3. In the Fields tab you may add multiple fields. (Ex. Department)
4. Create a custom column field via Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Transaction Line Fields > New.
5. In the Applies To tab, select the record you want to apply the field. (Ex: Time).
6. Enter Label (e.g. Field Sample)
7. Set the Type to List/Record
8. In List/Record, select the Record (Custom record created)
9. Store Value should set to Yes
10. In Sourcing & Filtering:
Filter Using = Department
Compare Type = equal
Compare to Field = Department
11. Create time tracking navigating to Transaction > Employees > Track Time.
12. Enter Employee.
13. Department automatically populate to Marketing.
14. Click the Field Sample field to display the list of Record equivalent to Marketing department.
No values in dropdown list.
The list/record type Record should be a list segment not a dropdown field.
Users can modify the settings of this field navigating to Navigate to Home > Set Preferences > General > Optimizing NetSuite section:
Number of Rows in List Segments
Maximum Entries in Dropdowns
Note: This is alternative solution to Issue 245076.
Post a Comment