- The solution below requires the Inline Editing feature (Setup > Company > Enable Features > Company tab > Data Management section).
Similar to manual deletion, this process is irreversible. Take extra caution when deleting records.
Not all record types support inline editing, like Topics and Knowledge Base records.
1. Create a Saved Search that returns the records to be deleted. For more information about creating a saved search, see Using Saved Searches, Answer Id: 8493.
2. After setting all necessary filters, click Preview or Save & Run.
3. In the Results page, turn on Inline Editing:
4. From the first record in the list, click within any editable column, indicated by a pencil icon as shown below:
5. Select a batch to delete:
- Hold the Shift key then mouse-click the last line within the column to Delete the entire batch. The selected column will display a dotted border when selected.
Hold the Ctrl key then mouse-click on specific lines within the column to only delete specific records from the list
6. Once all target records are selected, press Delete.
7. Click OK from the pop-up warning to continue.
For more information, see Using Inline Editing, Answer Id: 8953.