This happens when there are no active accounts with an Account Type of Credit Card.
Here are the steps to check.
1. Navigate to Lists > Accounting > Accounts or Reports > Financial > Chart of Accounts or Setup > Accounting > Chart of Accounts.
2. For easy checking, make sure that the Report Style box is unchecked and click Type header to sort it by Account Type.
3. Make sure that there are active Credit Card accounts. If there is none, it is possible that some are set to Inactive. This can be checked by checking the Show Inactives box.
4. To set an inactive Credit Card account to Active, uncheck the box under the Inactive column and click Submit.
5. You can also create a new account by clicking the New button and on the New Account page, set the Type to Credit Card.