1. Open the A/P Aging report under Reports > Vendors/Payables > A/P Aging.
2. Click on the Amount on Total Open Balances column so that you will be taken to the A/P Aging Detail Report.
3. Take note of the transactions and use Global Search to open the transactions.
4. Edit the transactions.
5. Assign a Vendor under the Name column on the A/P account line in the journal.
6. Click Save.
7. Create a journal entry with the following properties:
o A/P account that is similar to the existing transaction with an opposite balance (if the existing is credit A/P, the new journal should have a debit A/P account.
o Assign the same Vendor.
8. Go to Transactions > Purchases/Vendors > Pay Single Vendor.
9. Select the Vendor assigned in the previous transactions.
10. Select the journals under the Apply tab.
11. Hit Save.
NOTE: The accounting period of the existing transactions should still be Open to be able to edit them. A dummy Vendor can be assigned in the transactions if existing vendor records cannot be used.