Using field of type "inline HTML" can make difficult calculation visible on simple chart.
Showing how much money customer paid compared to credit limit set for him.
1. Create a custom field of type "inline HTML" under Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Entity Fields > New
2. Give a label to the custom field, in subtab Applies To tick Customer , in Display subtab choose Subtab: Financial, Insert Before: Outside columns at bottom
3. In Validation & Defaulting
- Default Value: <img src="https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=p3&chs=250x100&chd=t:60,40&chl=Default|value">
4. After saving the field get the field ID. It is on the form under ID and starts with custentity
5. Create a client script under Setup -> Customization -> Scripts -> New. For more details how scripts are created please refer to SuiteAnswer Steps for Creating a Script Record (10553)
6. Use this script:
7. Upload script:
- Clicking on ">>" button next to Script File field.
- Click on New. A new window will open
- Click on Browse in Select File. System window will open
- Select file from you computer (click on Open button). The system window will close.
- Click on Save in the File window (the window will close)
9. In Deployments subtab add deployment with settings Applies To: Customer, Deployed: Yes, Status: Released. Click Add For more details how to deploy a script please check SuiteAnswer Steps for Defining a Script Deployment (10554)
10. Save the script
11. Open a customer and open the Financial subtab. The chart will be located on the bottom.
Note: The "custentity11" is ID of created custom field. Replace it with ID of created field from step #3.