The ability to add the Employee Type field in Open/Close Case Analysis Report is currently logged in Enhancement 256644: Reports> Customer Service > Open/Closed Case Analysis> Customize Summary/Detail: Expose the Employee:Type field in the Support Rep Folder. This article is an alternative solution aside from creating a saved search to copy the format of this report.
I. Create a Custom field for Cases.
1. Navigate to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > CRM Fields > New.
2. Provide a Label.
3. Set Store Value = T.
4. In the Applies to tab, mark Case.
5. Set other Preferences as necessary.
6. Click Save.
II. Create a workflow with a Set Field Value state.
1. Navigate to Customization > Scripting > Workflow > New.
2. Provide a Name.
3. Set Record Type = Case.
4. Choose Event based.
5. Mark On Create to set the field value when a new case is created
6. Mark On Update to set the field value every time a case is edited.
7. Set Trigger Type to - All -
8. In Context, select User Interface. You may also choose other point of entries where cases are entered and the field should be set.
10. Edit the Workflow again.
11. Click New State.
12. Click State 1 in the Workflow Diagram. In the right panel, click on New Action. Choose Set Field Value.
13. Set Trigger On = Before User Submit.
14. Set Field to the custom field created in Step I.
15. Check From Field.
16. Set Record = Assigned.
17. Set Field = Type.
III. Expose the custom field in a custom Open/Close Case Analysis report.
1. Navigate to Reports > Customer Service > Open Case Analysis > Customize Summary.
2. In the Edit Columns page > Add Fields pane, expand Open Support Cases.
3. Select the custom field created in Step I.
4. Change the placement of the column if necessary.
IV. Perform Mass Update on existing Cases to update the custom field.
1. Navigate to Lists > Mass Update > Mass Updates.
2. Expand General Updates.
3. Choose Case.
4. Set fields in the Criteria and Result tabs as necessary.
5. In the Mass Update Fields tab, check the custom field created in Step I.
6. Click the Description icon in the Formula column.
7. In the Mass Update pop-up window, select Employee Fields.. > Type in the Field drop-down.
8. Click Set.
9. Click Preview.
10. Click Perform Update to perform the update without saving.
11. Click Save to save the mass update and perform it at a later time.
1. For existing cases, the workflow will run only when the case record is edited then saved unless a Mass Update is performed.
2. For new cases, the Type custom field will be populated after clicking Save.
3. Applying the custom field is also possible in Custom Detail.
4. This is an alternative solution for Enhancement 256644: Reports> Customer Service > Open/Closed Case Analysis> Customize Summary/Detail: Expose the Employee:Type field in the Support Rep Folder.