When Adding Paycheck to an existing Payroll batch, the Pay Period ending for the paycheck added may be different from what the Payroll batch have. This depends on the Last Paid Date in the employee record, for whom the Paycheck added was created for. Example of employees that may have this scenario are terminated employees that has been re-hired.
Last Paid date of employee re-hired: 10/6/2012
Pay Period ending of payroll batch: 10/20/2013
Pay Frequency: Weekly
Pay Period ending when Add paycheck button is used: 10/13/2012 (Next Scheduled Pay Date after the employee's Last Paid Date)
To make sure the Pay period ending date is correct, edit the Last Paid date. This can be changed in two ways:
- Employee record:
- Navigate to Lists > Employees > Employees
- Click Edit on Employee.
- Click on Payroll tab > Edit Last Paid date field to be the date before the payroll batch's pay period ending date.
- List View via Inline Editing:
- Navigate to Lists > Employees > Employees.
- Inline Editing = True
- Click the Last Paid Date column and change it.
-- If this is not available, click Customize View button at the bottom of the page.
-- On the Results tab > Field > Add Last Paid Date.
- Update Payroll Information.
-- Set up > Payroll > Update Payroll Information.
-- Check Agree box.
-- Click on Commit Updates.