· User with appropriate role and permission wants to deletean Employee record because, for instance, the said employee has alreadyleft the company
· User performs these actions:
· Navigate to Lists> Employees > Employees
· Hit the Editbutton for the employee name
· Click on Actions> Delete
· User receives prompt: "The Employee record still hasdependent records"
· As a best practice, NetSuite does not suggestdeleting Employee records in thesystem, even though all the dependent records seen in UI have already beendeleted.
· This is because the employee might still beassociated to other records (reports, searches, items, scripts, etc.) inback-end.
· It is rather encouraged to inactivate theserecords and to remove the user login access of these employees:
1. Navigate to Lists> Employees > Employee
2. Hit the Editbutton for the employee name
3. Set Give Access= False under the Access tab
· This will:
· Remove all user roles tagged to the employee underthe Roles sub tab
· Free up a userlicense in case a full user access (Administrator role, Full Access, etc.) waspreviously assigned to the employee
· User may use the Access tab > History subtab to audit which roles were previously associated to the record
4. Set Inactive= True under the System Informationtab
5. Hit the Save button