- When employees leave the company, the Administrator simply sets their employee record to Inactive = True and Give Access = False
- Reports and saved searches created by former employees remain assigned to them even if their employee record has been set to inactive. In case email alerts are enabled, emails will still be sent out when conditions are met.
- For security purposes, the Administrator wants to reassign all reports and saved searches owned by former employees
- There are several reports and saved searches to update that manual reassignment is not a viable solution
To easily reassign all saved searches and reports owned by a former employee:
1. Log in as Administrator.
2. Locate the employee record of the former employee.
3. Optional: Change the Employee ID to "Former Employee : <FName> <LName>".
4. Change the Email Address to your (administrator's) email address.
5. Under Access tab, make sure Give Access is set to False.
6. Under System Information tab, make sure Inactive is set to True.
7. Click Save.
8. Follow the same steps for the rest of the former employees.
This approach ensures that all alerts this former employee subscribed to will be sent to the administrator going forward. This is crucial especially if the former employee used to log in to NetSuite with his personal email address.