A. Prepare the CSV file
The fields needed are the Internal ID of the Item record, the Line ID of the components, and the value for the Obsolete Date field.
Note: Line ID of the component may be checked by opening the Item record > Purchasing/Inventory subtab > Components sublist. First item would correspond as line 1, second item would correspond as line 2, etc. The ability to obtain the Line ID of the Components through a Saved Search is an enhancement to the system and is logged as Issue 242854.
Thus, if an item has 3 components, this would be the format of the CSV file:
*Internal ID of the Item is 100 (for illustration purposes)
Internal ID Line ID Obsolete Date
100 1 12/31/2013
100 2 12/31/2013
100 3 12/31/2013
B. Perform the Import
1. Navigate to Setup > Import/Export > Import CSV Records
Import Type = Items
Record Type = Assembly/BOM Item
2. Click Select, choose the file for the import, and click Next.
3. Set Data Handling to Update and click Next.
4. Map the following fields:
Internal ID = Internal ID
Line ID = Members 1 : Line ID (Item Members folder > Item Members 1 subfolder)
Obsolete Date = Members 1 : Obsolete Date (Item Members folder > Item Members 1 subfolder)
5. Click Next6. Enter an Import Map Name and click Save & Run or simply click Run.